Latest Update: April 2023
We continue to operate with additional safety measures in place. This includes fogging of the building using Stabilised Aqueous Ozone (SAO) and applying Zoono, a long-lasting surface cleaner effective against 99% of bacteria and viruses to all surfaces and exhibitions. Our one-way-system will remain in place alongside reduced capacity and hand-sanitiser stations will be available on every exhibition floor. We monitor CO2 levels throughout the building and will continue to adjust the ventilation accordingly.
We offer a a flexible, COVID-secure booking policy. You can contact us with proof of purchase to reschedule or cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your booking date.
To read more about the latest Scottish Government guidelines, please check the Scottish Government website.
These are the things we are doing:
- Keeping it clean: All surfaces including all exhibitions are coated with Zoono antimicrobial coating. This long-lasting surface cleaner does not wash or wipe off and is effective against 99.99% of bacteria and viruses including Coronaviruses for up to 30 days. We apply Zoono to all surfaces every 21 days. We also fog the building with Stabilised Aqueous Ozone (SAO) every day. SAO kills 99.99% of bacteria and viruses on contact, including Coronaviruses, is safe for people, animals and the environment and is used in hospitals and public transport including the London Underground. Our cleaners use SAO during the day to wipe all surfaces and keep all exhibits safe for you to touch.
- Washing / Sanitising hands: Hand sanitiser stations are allocated at every exhibition floor entry and exit. There are also handwashing facilities in our toilets located on the first floor.
- Face Masks: Visitors are welcome to wear a face covering during their visit, however it is not a mandatory requirement for entry.
- Reduced capacity: We have reduced the number of people we are welcoming to the attraction at any one time. This is to ensure you have enough safe space so that you can have an enjoyable experience with us. Please be aware that during holiday periods we will be busier and timed entry slots may be at full capacity.
- One-way system: There will be a new one-way route in place for you to follow during your visit. This will still allow you to see and take part in all our interactive exhibits. There is no time limit, and you can take as long as you need to explore each floor. Please follow the arrows as you make your way around the site.
- Flexible, COVID-secure booking policy: You can reschedule or cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your booking date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 226 3709 providing proof of purchase, as soon as you know you need to cancel.
- Cards not cash: Our online booking system is easy to use and we would recommend you pre-book an admission slot before visiting. On-site, please use contactless payment where possible to reduce the cash handling.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures across our site for you, our other visitors and our team members. An inherent risk of Covid-19 exists in every public place where people are present. By entering our attraction, visitors accept they have a duty to take steps to ensure their own safety and respect others.
Current Government Levels
- You select a timed entry with limited capacity per time slot
- Increased cleaning and ventilation
When can I visit?
What safety measures are in place?
Do I need to wear a mask?
There are many ways for you to reach us, by foot, car or public transport.
You can find out more about how to visit us on our Getting Here page.
Please be sure to follow current safety guidance when using public transport, especially at peak times.