Reopening and Guidelines for your visit
Fantastic news! We’re getting ready to reopen our doors and welcome you back from Wednesday 15 July, with a wide range of safety measures in place to protect you and our team.
Safety comes first (closely followed by fun!) and it is important everyone follows the Scottish Government guidance to protect themselves and others. This means you must respect the new guidelines in place at Camera Obscura. Your visit will feel a little different to normal, but we hope just as much fun!
We really appreciate your support and patience and kindly ask that you read all the information available below.
Hopefully you can visit us soon – we look forward to seeing you!
We're Good To Go: COVID-19 Industry Standard
In Partnership with; The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In recognition that this business has confirmed that they have followed
government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in
place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
These are the things we are doing:
- Checking in: when you arrive in our admissions area, you’ll see the social distancing queuing markers. Please use these to respect social distancing when waiting to enter. A member of the team will then check your ticket and talk you through the safety measures in place during your visit.
- Reduced capacity: we have reduced the number of people we are welcoming into the building to ensure you have enough safe space so that you can have an enjoyable experience with us.
- One-way system: There will be a new one-way route in place for you to follow during your visit. This will still allow you to see and take part in all our interactive exhibits. There is no time limit, and you can take as long as you need to explore each floor. Please follow the arrows as you make your way around the site.
- Signage, screens and floor markings: we have installed new safety signage and marked out social distancing at various points throughout the attraction. For our team we have installed safety screens at the admission and retail till points.
- Our team safety protocols: where applicable, the team will be wearing masks and sometimes gloves. Team members will endeavour to maintain a safe distance between you and your group, however are still happy to help with any questions you may have.
- Washing / Sanitising hands: Hand sanitiser stations are allocated at every exhibition floor entry and exit. There are also handwashing facilities in our toilets located on the first floor.
- Cards not cash: our online booking system is easy to use and you must pre-book an admission slot before visiting. On site, please use contactless payment where possible to reduce the cash handling.
- Keeping it clean: we already maintain the highest standards of hygiene on site, but now more than ever we’ll be going above and beyond to make sure the attraction is super clean. We’ve upped the regular cleaning regime of surfaces and touch points and have invested in more thorough deep cleans as well.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures across our site for you, our other visitors and our team members. An inherent risk of Covid19 exists in every public place where people are present. By entering our attraction, visitors accept they have a duty to take steps to ensure their own safety and respect others.