Edinburgh’s a brilliantly compact city. So the easiest way to reach us is to walk. We’re in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town, so stroll up the Royal Mile, Ramsay Lane or Johnston Terrace while enjoying some of the city’s most famous sights. We’re at the top on the right-hand side, just before the castle.
The nearest bike parking is at West Parliament Square, near the National Library of Scotland on George IV Bridge and in the Grassmarket. These and more options can be found on Open Street Map. Bike parking is shown with a small blue square.
By bus or tram
Buses to and from all directions stop on George IV Bridge, three minutes’ walk away. Hop on bus numbers 23, 27 41, 42 and 67.
Bus stops on North Bridge and Nicolson Street are ten minutes' walk away.
If coming by tram jump off at the Princes Street stop. We are seven minutes’ walk away, via The Mound. Check tram times, prices and routes here.
There’s no parking on the Royal Mile. The nearest car parks are:
- To find the nearest on street parking, and disabled parking spaces you can use the Edinburgh City Council map here.
- Castle Terrace NCP – Postcode is EH1 2EW (this car park is roughly 10 minutes’ walk away, please check up to date prices and find a location map ).
- YourParkingSpace.co.uk - offers visitors a choice of parking spaces selected and booked through their website. Camera Obscura visitors will receive 10% discount, to redeem enter code CAMOB10 in the 'Redeem Referral Code' box on the payment page. Visit the website to book here.
- QPark Quartermile – is a 10 minute walk from Camera Obscura. Find out more here. Use postcode EH3 9GF.
- If you're driving an electric car, you can see where the nearest charging points are here with this interactive map.
Parking charges apply.
Most of the time, you will be dropped off right outside our doors.
This street is occasionally closed for events at the castle. If this is the case, you will be dropped off on the Royal Mile at the bottom of Castlehill, two minutes’ walk away.