We are delighted to offer groups of 15 or more, exclusive group admission prices, on condition your group books in advance, on a weekday only, at the start of the day, outside of school holidays. Due to COVID-19 our capacity for groups is greatly reduced.
We cannot currently accept any groups on any weekend or during any school holiday, throughout the year. We regret any disappointment this may cause.
If your party is of 14 or less, please book tickets as normal through our website. If your group is 15 or more, please do not attempt to book online as if you do so your booking will regretfully be declined. Instead, please contact us and we will help you find the best time for your group to visit, provided it is on a weekday, at the start of the day, outside of school holidays.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
• Exclusive group rates (for 15 or more)
• Access to the Camera Obscura and World of Illusions building; including the rooftop terrace and four floors of exhibition space
• A live demonstration of the original Camera Obscura, or, if visibility poor, a demonstration using a projection of the image recorded on a clear day. Your group will be allocated a show time during your visit. If your group miss their allocated show time, we regret we will be unable to arrange another show due to capacity restrictions. The numbers allowed into the chamber at once may depend on any government restrictions in operation.
• Access to the Camera Obscura and World of Illusions Gift Shop
• Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building
We want you to enjoy yourselves so to avoid disappointment, please read the important information below.
• As we are operating with pre-booked timeslots, is it essential that groups arrive promptly at their assigned entry slot. Groups who arrive late will regrettably not be allowed to enter and tickets will not be transferred or refunded.
• If your group is larger than 32 and has booked into adjacent arrival times, please ensure the first group turns up promptly for the first allocated arrival time. If the first group misses the first time, only the second group will be permitted entry at the second time to avoid exceeding visitor capacity. Regrettably, entry fees for those who miss their allocated arrival time will not be transferred or refunded.
• Visitors will be required to wear a face mask during your visit. Scottish Government regulations state all people aged 12 years and over are required to wear a face mask at indoor visitor attractions (unless exempt). Anyone without a mask will not be permitted to enter the Camera Obscura chamber due to the restricted size of the room.
Please get in touch to discuss what options might be available by emailing email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Group Prices 2022
|Student (with ID)||£15.25|
|Child (5–15 years)||£13.45|
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, large group bookings are limited to weekdays outside of school holidays, at the start of the day, subject to availability.
Your class will have so much fun, they won’t even realise they’re learning! No wonder so many school groups come back year after year.
Free resources for teachers:
- Mirror Mirror
- Teacher Visit Tracking Sheet - Secondary School
- Pupil Visit Tracking Sheet - Secondary School
- Visit tracking Sheet - Primary School
Let students practice English in a place where there’s no shortage of things to talk about. Non-native speakers can enjoy the visual fun at Edinburgh’s Camera Obscura and World of Illusions while they get to grips with English.