Are you fascinated by illusion? Enthusiastic about customer service? Excited about delivering world class experiences? Then a job at Camera Obscura & World of Illusions could be what you're looking for!
We're looking for guides to join our team in the busy summer months. We employ extra temporary staff to cope with the increase in visitor numbers in addition to the core staff who work year round. The job of a guide at Camera Obscura & World of Illusions is an interesting and varied one. You will be required to give presentations in the Camera Obscura to groups of up to thirty-five people, as well as working in the exhibition spaces to ensure our visitors are getting the most out of their visit. In addition to selling tickets to the public on reception you may be required to promote the attraction to passers-by in the street. You will need a sound knowledge of the local area, to answer queries from visitors. In all aspects of the job we expect that you will provide exceptional customer service for our visitors.
The rewards we offer:
- A hourly pay rate of £8.45.
- An enjoyable and open working environment, with an emphasis is on teamwork and support.
- A thorough and comprehensive induction programme.
What we are looking for in our staff:
- A friendly and helpful personality, with the ability to provide exceptional customer care.
- Someone who can pick up new skills quickly and is not afraid to try new things.
- Someone who can be relied on to work independently and will support other members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills including clarity of spoken English.
- Experience in a tourism or customer service environment.
- Language skills (fluency in one foreign language highly desirable)
- Knowledge of Edinburgh and general Scottish history.
- Availability to work late hours, at weekends and over public holidays.
For more information you can ready the full company profile here.
Complete the application form here.
To apply complete our application form and send to Lars Winter at email@example.com
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. We recruit throughout the year and are often looking for friendly and dynamic people to work alongside our highly skilled and knowledgeable team. From tour guides to retail assistants, maintenance crew to marketing support, we have various positions available.
If you are interested in working for Camera Obscura and World of Illusions please get in touch, or keep an eye on our website and social media pages for job updates.
We’ve got actors and history buffs. Science fans and hospitality pros. We don’t mind what your background is, as long as you’re a natural-born chatterbox who loves meeting new people. We welcome thousands of people from all over the world each year, and offer every single guest an exceptional, five-star experience. If you can also speak languages other than English – even better!
In return, we give you top-class training, excellent career opportunities and a friendly working environment. We want to be the kind of place people are proud to work at.