Fast and Furious 9
Buckle up Edinburgh, Hollywood is taking over Holyrood!
That's right; the Fast and Furious cast is coming to the city to film the ninth blockbuster in the franchise. It’s been called one of the largest and most complex productions to shoot in Edinburgh with over 800 crew members. We're thrilled to see our iconic city streets being used as a backdrop for the popular series.
However, if you are living, visiting or general wandering around Edinburgh throughout September, you should be aware of the 52 road closures and street restrictions.
These are the key closures that may affect you if you are visiting us:
- High Street - From Lawnmarket to Cockburn Street (except deliveries from Cockburn Street to Parliament Sq.) - 6am on Sep 8th to 10pm Sep 10th
- Lawnmarket - From George IV Bridge to the High Street - 6am on Sep 8th to 10pm Sep 10th
- Victoria Street and West Bow - In their entirety - 6am-10pm on Sep 11th.
- Cockburn Street - In its entirety - 6am on Sep 12th to 10pm on Sep 15th
- Mound Place, Ramsay Lane, The Mound, Market Street (From The Mound 50 metres eastwards) and North Bank Street - 6am-1pm on Sep 22nd.
For a full list of the road closures .
For up to date travel information we recommend following Edinburgh Travel News or. As for bus timetables and local diversion information, please see
If you are visiting us at Camera Obscura & World of Illusions, we will continue to be open as usual. With our full five floors of fun and 360⁰ views from our Rooftop Terrace. Please, be mindful that it may take more time than expected to travel around the city during this period. However, with our All-Day Ticket, you have flexibility with your visit to us.
Our team are always happy to help, do get in touch if you have any questions.