What’s Open in Edinburgh?
We know it’s confusing right now with the Scottish Government restrictions, however, we’ve been working with our friends at VisitScotland to give you a list of everything which is open in Edinburgh now, so you can start planning your weekend and festive holiday adventures. Yes, that’s right, there are lots of attractions, cafes and shops which are open today and looking forward to welcoming you for a visit.
Download the full list of what’s open and when here. Please do also check individual organisations websites before visiting, as regulations are changing daily, and many attractions require advanced booking.
Here are a few of our top picks for a fun-filled day out in Edinburgh.
- Camera Obscura & World of Illusions: Ok, we’re a bit biased, but we are a great family day out!
- Edinburgh Bus Tours: Hop on a City Sightseeing and Edinburgh Tours bus, which are running every 30 minutes, every day.
- Craigmillar Castle: Visit the medieval castle, just outside the city centre, which is open daily 10am-4pm. Famous for being a backdrop for Outlander and Outlaw King.
- Pickering’s Gin Distillery: Fancy a gin jolly? See where Pickering’s Gin is distilled, filled, labelled, waxed & shipped. Tours are available Thu-Sun and must be pre-booked in advance.
- City Art Centre: Gallery with exhibitions about historic and modern Scottish painting and photography, as well as contemporary art. Open daily from 10am to 5pm with last entry at 4.20pm each day.
- Can You Escape?: Edinburgh’s best escape room, can you beat the clock? Late sessions available, must be pre-booked.
- The Chocolatarium: Learning and making chocolate on a tour, sign us up! Try some unusual flavours and see what goes into making this sweet treat. Tours available daily.
- Our Dynamic Earth: You'll be embarking on the interactive adventure of a lifetime! Open weekends only, booking required.
- Royal Botanic Garden: Enjoy a wander around these amazing gardens and indoor glasshouses. Free admission but booking required. Open daily 10am-4pm.
- Gorgie Farm: A hidden gem in the centre of Edinburgh, this urban farm and children’s attraction with something for all the family. Open daily 9.30am-4pm, entry is free and no booking required.