Are you fascinated by illusion? Enthusiastic about customer service? Excited about delivering world class experiences? Then a job at Camera Obscura & World of Illusions could be what you're looking for!
We're recruiting for a Maintenance Technician
This job is essentially about helping to maintain high standards of presentation and safety internally and externally for our many visitors.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safety of visitors through health and safety checks and remedial work as necessary. Ensuring that all exhibits, lights and effects are in full working order. You will also be involved in prototyping and building new exhibits. Tasks will be allocated according to your skill set, by the Maintenance Team Leader.
- The Building: Help to keep the building well maintained inside and outside, both through routine maintenance and repair work and occasional cleaning.
- Exhibitions: Help to maintain, enhance and repair exhibitions. Help devise new exhibits to engage and delight our visitors.
- General: Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment inside and outside. Assisting in any other aspects of running the site as required by the Management.
- Emergencies/Security: Be familiar with fire and emergency procedures. Be able to lock and secure the building after hours as a key-holder.
- Potential other duties as required; event/meeting preparation, offsite research, driving, ordering, liaison with external contractors.
What we offer:
- Hourly rate starting at £10.20 (equivalent to £21,216 pa)
- A friendly and supportive work environment, including training where necessary
You can download the job description here.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. We recruit throughout the year and are often looking for friendly and dynamic people to work alongside our highly skilled and knowledgeable team. From tour guides to retail assistants, maintenance crew to marketing support, we have various positions available.
If you are interested in working for Camera Obscura and World of Illusions please get in touch, or keep an eye on our website and social media pages for job updates.
We’ve got actors and history buffs. Science fans and hospitality pros. We don’t mind what your background is, as long as you’re a natural-born chatterbox who loves meeting new people. We welcome thousands of people from all over the world each year, and offer every single guest an exceptional, five-star experience. If you can also speak languages other than English – even better!
In return, we give you top-class training, excellent career opportunities and a friendly working environment. We want to be the kind of place people are proud to work at.